I had a few left over bits and bobs from making Isaacs felt ball mobile so I decided to create a bag charm for my new handbag. I love its cute and whimsical look and it reminds me of a bunch of helium balloons floating across the sky. It also goes perfect with my white diaper bag!
Here is what you will need to make this bag charm
- pliers/wire cutters
- 4 felt balls (i used 2.5cm size)
- string or thread of your choice (i used nylon)
- a hardy needle that you will be able to get through the felt ball without stabbing your finger
- a split ring or lobster claw that is big enough to clip into your handbag
- crimp beads (not necessary, you can get away with tying knots)
- There are heaps of felt ball sellers on Etsy .
- You can get away with making this with only one pair of pliers and your fingers if you aren’t scared to break a nail. But a second pair definitely makes it easier.
- If you haven’t got wire cutters then improvise…. with a knife.
- I love the look of wooden embellishments but not all of them have a hole to attach a jump ring to. This is where you steal your husband’s or dad’s power drill to drill a hole as I did with the cloud.
Watch my video tutorial on how to create your own handbag charm